From : England
Laura is the amazing Ghoul behind the Instagram @ghostlyvintage!
She shares the cutest pictures of everything spooky and vintage!
What made you love Halloween so strongly?
– When I was little I always had a thing for Halloween. I used to run home from school to watch Mona the Vampire, Grizzly Tales for gruesome kids, Goosebumps and more on the TV. These were what ignited my love for Halloween / spooky things.
How did you get into Halloween ?
– I guess over the years I just started collecting bits here and there. If it was makeup, home decor, clothing ect. Of course all Halloween / Horror related!
What is your favorite things to do on/around halloween ?
– Giving sweets “candy” out to the kids who actually dress up. Not to the chavs who knock on my door, and don’t even say “Trick or Treat”
Can you remeber which Halloween costume was your favourtite one?
– Yes! I dressed up as the Black Dahlia a few years back.
What does Halloween mean to you?
– Halloween means a lot to me because it’s a part of who I am. Sounds cheesy, but I can freely express myself with the whole genre.
Of all the amazing Halloween candy you can get now adays , what is your favourite? ( Old Classics/ New style candy
– Ohh you got me there! We don’t have a huge selection of Halloween candy here in the UK, but I’d say I love “Scream Eggs” by Cadburys.
What Halloween food and drinks are you most excited about?
– Hmm, I enjoy making Bat shaped sandwiches for my friends and spooky cocktails!
When do you start shopping for Halloween ?
– All year round! I like to pick up bits and bobs off eBay, or from Halloween related shops like @october31st!
What about halloween makes it your favorite holiday?
– I guess it’s a time where you can express yourself. If it’s with makeup, clothes or even just appreciating the history and culture behind the holiday.
What is the Favorite Halloween item you have?
– Ohhh that’s going to be a tough one as I have lots of items! I normally incorporate spooky things in my style on a daily basis, so I’d probably my backseat baby purse from @sourpussclothing! But if you mean home decor, probably my “candy corn” Yankee candle 😀
Do you still go trick or treating?
– Sadly not!
Can you remember your first Halloween memory?
– I remember when my mum decided to dress me up as a fairy. I hated it because it wasn’t creepy or spooky at all.
Do you keep all your Halloween decorations out all year or do you start decorating at a certain time ?
– They are up all year round in my crypt!
Where do you buy your Halloween items?
– I pick bits and bobs up everywhere. If it’s from local shops, eBay or Halloween related online shops.
Whats your favourite halloween movie/series?
– Too many to choose from haha! But I’m currently watching Penny Dreadful again which is amazing.
How is Halloween celebrated in the UK?
– Sadly it’s not celebrated as much as it should be! You see the odd person dress up where I am, but the majority of the time people don’t bother anymore which is sad. Bring back proper trick or treating!!!
Is it difficult finding Halloween decorations in your town/city?
-Hmm, it depends if you like cheap and tacky. You can get things from the £1 shop or “dollar store”, but I wouldn’t say they were the best for all year decor. The best place to get them are specialist stores. But they cost a fortune.
What made you want to start a Halloween related Instagram?
-I guess I just enjoyed sharing Halloween/ spooky related posts, and being able to share my interests with other fellow halloweenies.
What is important themes to you when posting pictures?
– I’m all for themes that’s for sure! If you’ve followed me for awhile you’ll see that I go through “phases”. Sometimes a section of my Instagram is all dark, other times bright and even the odd bit of pink! Of course most of the posts are still related to Halloween along the line.
How much time do you spend of your week do you spend on Instagram?
– Probably too much if I’m honest! I have a love hate relationship with Instagram.
Clothing / style
Where do you usually buy your clothes ?
– I normally buy my clothes online. I’m currently in love with Voodoo Vixen, Hell Bunny & Sourpuss Clothing!
Do you have any tips on where to find awesome Halloween clothing for the rest of us halloween addicts?
– I suppose it depends on what style you go for? Killstar is good if you want more nu goth, Deadly Dames if you want classic horror pinup and Sourpuss if you want a more gothabilly alt look!
Do you wear Halloween/Horror styled clothes all year?
About 98% of the time I do, yes!
Whats your favourite Halloween clothing /accessories/bags/shoes etc?
– I have a little Pumpkin Brooch from Luxulite which is my favourite!
Have you worked hard on your style?
– Definitely. I’ve gone through multiple styles to finally be able to find what suits me. I’ve come to terms with the fact I love vintage and spooky! I mix and match my style & Instagram with whatever mood I’m in.
Check out her Instagram here! : https://www.instagram.com/ghostlyvintage/